Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roasted Acorn Squash Soup and Harvest Salad


Acorn Squash Soup

Now that it's finally getting cooler outside, I've been in the mood for soups.  Last week, my best friend, Sara, told about an acorn squash soup from her aunt's blog that sounded amazing.  I make butternut squash soup a lot, but have never cooked anything with acorn squash.  I love that you roast the squash with garlic and shallots.  My husband said he likes the sweetness of the butternut squash a little better, so next time, I might use butternut with this same roasting method.  We served the soup with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Harvest Salad

These salads were delicious and incorporated all of the yummy fall flavors into one dish.  I used a spring mix lettuce and topped it with diced pears, macintosh apples, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, and blue cheese crumbles (for me) and crumbled feta (for Tony).  I drizzled a basic vinaigrette over the top. 

This was a perfect fall meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment